Thursday, April 29, 2010

How to put mail in rebates to work for you

Two weeks ago Staples was having a promotion for a ream of paper which would be free after rebate. Being one who doesn't like to pass up on anything I can get for free I went and picked up the paper (as well as a couple of other items I've been meaning to get). The rebate process was actually quite easy. The cashier highlighted all the info needed, as well as the website to go to where I could submit for my rebate. When I got home I entered my information, and was sent an e-mail to monitor the status of the rebate.


I'm still waiting on receiving my rebate check, but according to the link it was sent out a few days ago. When I get the check it will feel like found money (well, about $5), since I have already paid for the paper.


I haven't yet decided what I will do when I get the check. But I can tell you that I'm not going to turn around and spend the money immediately. My options include putting the money into a savings account; transferring the money to an investment account, or applying it to my mortgage. It may only be $5, but in my mind I've already spent it, so I'm going to try to put it somewhere it can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment